Thursday, November 18, 2004

Politically Correct, but Stupid

Military support of the Boy Scouts is unconstitutional because it violates the separation of church and state? For an example of politically correct stupidity, read this.

Gay men and lesbians, added together, are something like five to seven percent of our population, depending on which study you read. Do you think political correctness regarding this tiny minority should go so far as to permit gay-oriented clubs and social groups in high schools and even middle schools? (Read this.) The next logical question is, should the 93+ percent of students who are presumably heterosexual be permitted to form sex-oriented clubs? By the time I was 12 or 13 I'm sure I would have been all for it, but that was just me. In fact, at that age I could get aroused by a bush if I thought there was a snake in it, so I probably could have been convinced to go in just about any direction. Hmmm. Maybe that's what we're really talking about here.

For an example of how politically correct tolerance can lead to tragedy, read this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home