Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Postman as Savior

The Washington Post is carrying an AP report today about a poll in the U.K. on the cheesiest moment in film. My favorite came out as number 10. Ah well, what do Brits know. Here it is:

From "The Postman":

A blind woman says to Kevin Costner: "You're a godsend, a savior."

He replies: "No, I'm a postman."

Apparently all the critics thought "The Postman" sucked. I saw the movie, and I liked it a lot. Unique plot idea, good acting, great scenes of beautiful mountains and forest, and a feel-good ending. Get the video or DVD and see it. You'll like it. Just don't tell your literary and intellectual friends.

1 Comments:

Blogger cass said...

The book was better than the movie. I also really like "Waterworld," another movie with Costner that people absolutely hated.

12:48 PM, January 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home