Friday, March 18, 2005

The Embarrassing Times

The New York Times today continues to beat the propaganda drum of defeatism on everything from the performance of American soldiers to the failures it perceives in Iraq to the nomination of Paul Wolfowitz to head the World Bank. The NYT has gone from being merely a mouthpiece of the left to being more and more openly anti-American. Take a look at these three items. Read them objectively, and you'll see a blueprint for the continuing failure of liberalism in America.

Just as an example, this is the opening paragraph of their editorial on Iraq:

The invasion of Iraq, which began two years ago this weekend, was a world-changing event. We can see many of the consequences already. The good ones, so far, exist mainly as hopes and are fewer than the bad ones, some of which are all too concrete. One of the few positive domestic consequences of the war has been the nation's determination - despite obstruction from the White House and its supporters - to honor the memory of each American man and woman who has died in Iraq. The administration has been shockingly callous about the tens of thousands of Iraqi victims, whom ordinary Americans cannot count let alone name.

This paragraph is nothing more than a conscious web of lies spun in pursuit of an openly leftist agenda. Intelligent, reasonable Democrats should quickly dissociate themselves from the tripe the New York Times is peddling. And it should make every American angry.

Update: For an excellent analysis of the NYT editorial excerpt quoted above, see this at Age Ventures.

2 Comments:

Blogger B said...

Tom, I read and then read again the excerpt you posted. It flows so well and sounds so much like reasoned argument that it was difficult at first to deconstruct it. Once I was successful I found it to be very disturbing. I'd like to share my thoughts about it, but I'll put them on my blog. Since I can't do a trackback here, I'll call my post The Embarrassing Times Redux.

5:51 PM, March 18, 2005  
Blogger Esther said...

Great post, Tom. I'm totally with you. The LA Times is just as bad. I'm rather fond of asking how many times can I boycott something I've never subscribed to?

9:15 PM, March 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home