Monday, March 14, 2005

Life at 28.8 GbMm

I'm on the road right now, traveling in Texas. The best internet connection I can get is 28.8 GbMm. For those who are technically challenged, that means "gigaboobles per milimeter." At least I think that's what "28.8" means. All I know for sure is it's really, really slow. I should be back on a broadband connection in the next few days, which may or may not be a good thing. How did we survive in the old days, when messages were sent at the "post office" (whatever that is) and google was at the library?

2 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

Isn't it frightening, Tom? I get really upset when I see job ads asking me to actually mail a resume. To me, that's a red flag that their office is way behind the times and I probably don't want to work there. Never mind if they ask me to fax! Hello, email is the only way to go. But back to having to use a modem... blogger is slow enough with dsl. ;)

12:43 PM, March 14, 2005  
Blogger Road Warrior said...

It has been ten years to the months since I got on AOL with a 9.6 Kbps modem. Moving at the speed of set cement :-)

8:18 AM, March 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home