Saturday, June 25, 2005

Hell Hath No Fury

According to a report in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Lena Driskell, 78, was not at all happy when boyfriend Herman Winslow, 85, dumped her for a new girlfriend. She pressed a gun to his temple and fired twice, killing him. When police arrived she told them, "I did it, and I'd do it again."

I've never doubted that Mr. Congreve had it right when he wrote, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." I just thought they eventually mellowed with age. Maybe not.

I'm sorry Mr. Winslow is dead, of course. But to be shot at 85 because you got caught cattin' around with too many women.... Maybe there's hope.

Note: Link from The Drudge Report

3 Comments:

Blogger Esther said...

You crack me up, Tom.

9:20 PM, June 25, 2005  
Blogger Kevin said...

I can only hope they write a story about me similar to this. I'll put it on my to do list.

8:38 AM, June 26, 2005  
Blogger Dee Jour said...

Gee..
Don't know what to say to that. 85 years old and still preening about. I'd probably be her at 75. I'm wondering whether she had many similar boyfriends in the past (and there's many years there) and went completely over the edge.

8:47 AM, June 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home